Sunday 13 March 2016

This week in emotions


Confusion, mild panic at Trumpomania south of the border.
Pride, mild amusement at Trudeaumania south of the border.
Nostalgia after a phone call to a dear friend in Switzerland, with whom I have not communicated in about twenty years.
Awe at Facebook photo capturing Dan's grandmother and her four older sisters celebrating the 100th birthday of the eldest.
Satisfaction, and fatigue, after following a three day course on project planning software, in French, thereby using both sides of my brain simultaneously and wondering if maybe I might have been a computer geek in another lifetime (right, not.)
Denial before I come to terms with changes in eyesight and realization of having developed crows feet due to squinting.
Relief following appointment with hematologist (there is nothing wrong with my liver and I can continue living with the habits to which I have become accustomed, although I acknowledge that I should get more exercise).
Contentment watching husband and his dad sitting together on our patio chairs after shovelling off the deck, same legs crossed and heads tilted at the same angle.
Wonder at seeing the crescent moon emerge in the sky, shining brightly and visible through my family room window, knowing that at the opposite end of the earth my brother witnessed a solar eclipse caused by the same moon.

Our emotions are sometimes so big.  And yet, we are so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment